forehand and wadsworth serial number lookup

Item #1192: $11.95. Forehand Arms Company, An Illustrated History of the. The grips have an army insignia along with "F&W" on them. Collections of the Worcester Society of Antiquity. Breechloading Shotguns 1860 -1940 Set of all 3 Volumes - Vorisek. REFERENCE BOOKS: HOPKINS & ALLEN - ALL CATALOGS. Marked with a three-line marking on top of the receiver that is not. Choose your Firearm Results filtered by By Photos Browse By Photo By Series FOREHAND ARMS CO. 1898-1902 By Model Single-Shot Derringer A FOREHAND & WADSWORTH DA #32 REVOLVER. Much too low to include your gun. (Each married one of Allen's daughters). Illustrated Single Shot Pistols/Percussion With Dates of Mfg. No. The matching serial number 671 is marked on the underside of the barrel at the breech, face of barrel stay and rear face of the six-shot cylinder and the side plate. +1-1. $79.95 - 1785 Pages. during thier short life 1887 to 1889 the F&W top break revolvers rivaled the S&W top breaks in quality. 322-328. - The Firing Line.Anybody know about Forehand Arms? Markings: The grip panels each feature the Forehand and Wadsworth logo and a Great Seal of the United States. Forehand & Wadsworth serial numbers. In generally the serial number is marked at the rear face of the cylinder, at the bottom of the grip frame and can also be figured at the bottom of the barrel. Continue reading here: LKl M i SJ. . It has very nice wood grips. It is a 6 round in what I believe to be 38 cal (short). FOREHAND ARMS CO. WORCHESTER, MASS, U.S.A. PAT'D DEC. 7, '86 & JANY, 11, '87 Serial number is in the 371xxx range. In 1902 the handgun business was sold to Iver Johnson and the Long Gun business to Hopkins & Allen. 24-1/4" part oct bbl. No. SERIAL NUMBERS AND DATES OF MANUFACTURE FOR FOREHAND & WADSWORTH. Forehand "Hammerless" Forehand Arms Co. Worcester, Mass. REFERENCE BOOKS: HOPKINS & ALLEN - ALL CATALOGS. The Society. Made circa 1870s. SN 983. Dickson. Empire State Arms Co 32 Revolver; Internal External and Terminal Ballistics; High Standard Pistols - Firearms identification; Hopkins & Allen (Norwich, CT) bought Forehand & Wadsworth in 1902. Not a lot of these were made. This one has the very rare and desirable California marking as an added bonus. No. This is serial number 103927 and is matching numbers. By Model Single-Shot . This one has the very rare and desirable California marking as an added bonus. FOREHAND & WADSWORTH DA #32 REVOLVER. The mechanical function is very good crisp and tight with a good bright bore with strong rifling but does have some corrosion. Barrel is marked with the company address. Forehand and Wadsworth Worcester, Mass. Forehand Arms Company Serial Numbers Lookup ^ a b c 'Sullivan Forehand'. and the same products were continued but marked forehand arms co. quality seem to have slipped a . So your gun must be a hammer type made during the end of production in 1902. No. The serial number is 3027 and only a few thousand were made. 38 Worchester, Mass. 7-1/2 inch barrel with blue finish. Choose your Firearm. Firm became Forehand & Wadsworth in 1871, in 1890 the names was changed to Forehand Arms Company ( Mr. Wadsworth retired ), In 1902 The company was taken over by Hopkins and Allen. To make a long history short. Hello all, I have a Forehand & Wadsworth British Bulldog with the serial number 3765. There are no other markings on the gun. Firm became Forehand & Wadsworth in 1871, in 1890 the names was changed to Forehand Arms Company ( Mr. Wadsworth retired ), In 1902 The company was taken over by Hopkins and Allen. FOREHAND & WADSWORTH DROPPING BLOCK RIFLE. That makes it a black powder model. Feb 23, 2011 To make a long history short. FOREHAND & WADSWORTH DROPPING BLOCK RIFLE. A Short Illustrated History of The Forehand Arms Company (Forehand Arms, Forehand and Wadsworth ) By Joseph T. Vorisek. Caliber 44 Russian. Cal. 15 pages plus ads, about 5 1/2" x 8", glossy soft-cover in full color. Double action, top break.32 S & W revolver with a 3 1/4 inch barrel. for sale.Forehand Arms Company Serial Numbers - greatultimate.Forehand Arms Company Browning Firearms Serial Numbers and Date of Manufacture. There are no other markings on the gun. NICE OLD FOREHAND & WADSWORTH, .41 caliber RIM FIRE, DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVER with 2 1/2 inch barrel. Colt Firearms. However, Forehand & Wadsworth was a true-blue American enterprise presided over by Sullivan Forehand, a bookkeeper with a knack for numbers, and Henry C. Wadsworth, a former officer in the Union army. It was my Grandfathers who has passed away and I was hoping to find more history on it. Feb 23, 2011. Forehand & Wadsworth place made United States Measurements overall: 12 in x 5 1/2 in x 1 3/4 in; 30.48 cm x 13.97 cm x 4.445 cm . Ask about our 30-90 day lay-away program. It has a 2 1/2-inch-long hex barrel. Here is a look at my Forehand Arms Co. 5 shot Revolver. Was this article helpful? Was this article helpful? Serial number is just over a thousand. Forehand & Wadsworth serial numbers. Matching serial numbers on the frame, barrel, ejector, ejector arm and on the interior of both grips. Churchill. Forehand & Wadsworth revolvers were noted for being extremely fine quality. . Donate. Nickel finish with 6-1/2" rnd bbl, standard sights, walnut. The rear end of the cylinder features the serial number "10882". Related Posts. Menu. Forehand serial numbers for their NEW MODEL HAMMER DOUBLE run from serial number 001 in 1892 to 11,001+ in 1902. CONDITION: Metal retains 70% of its reapplied finishes with . The Society. manufactured from 1973 - 1890 .41 short r.f. Fore Hand Arms Company History. From 1856 to 1863 as Allen & Wheelock and from 1863-71 as E. Allen & Co. Forehand & Wadsworth grew out of E. Allen and operated from 1871-1890 when it became Forehand Arms Co. Description: This would be the old model army single action revolver. These ambitious entrepreneurs rose to prominence in the firearms industry of the 1870s in a time-honored manner: They married the boss's daughters. Hard rubber grips, good bore, appears to have been hardly used. Allen & Wheelock et al. +1-1. Forehand & Wadsworth (Forehand Guns) Fox, AH- Pre WWII Shotguns. [1] History[edit] $19.95 - 194 Pages. ^ Hogg, Ian V.; Walter, John (2004). 15901. Results filtered by . FOREHAND ARMS CO. WORCHESTER, MASS, U.S.A. PAT'D DEC. 7, '86 & JANY, 11, '87 Serial number is in the 371xxx range. .32 cal. AF.75855M catalog number 75855M accession number 298649 serial number 425 See more items in . WORCESTER. After Wadsworth died in 1890, Forehand continued the company as Forehand Arms Co. Until it was bought by Hopkins and Allen in 1902. Reapplied nickel finish. A well made old gun with 90 % of the original nickel remaining. Hopkins and Allen Arms Company purchased Forehand Arms Company in 1902 and continued producing the Perfection Automatic under the Forehand name until 1907. 35 Cal. The top of the barrel is marked "FOREHAND & WADSWORTH. 1044. No. MASS. Enter the terms you wish to search for. Continue reading here: LKl M i SJ. Hopkins & Allen purchased the company in 1902. Forehand Arms Company Serial Numbers Average ratng: 3,6/5 1214 votes The Forehand Arms Company 1898-1902 Perfection Automatic was chambered for the.32 S&W or.38 S&W cartridges (centerfire). How Many Would You Like? There is a matching serial number on cylinder as well. Cal. 15901. U.S. PAT'D OCT. 22,61- JUNE 27' 71 - OCT. 28 '73+". 7-1/2 inch barrel with blue finish. Description: This would be the old model army single action revolver. FOREHAND AND WADSWORTH TERROR MODEL .32 RF - ANTIQUE - Kidd Family Auctions Inc . the F&W Co. was dissolved in 1890 and the forehand arms co was formed by sullivan forehand the surviving member of the earlier partnership. Inside of both grips only the last thre digits of the serial number is stamped. Picture No:2214. Forehand & Wadsworth (also known as Forehand Arms) was a US firearms manufacturing company based in Worcester, Massachusetts that was formed in 1871 by Sullivan Forehand and Henry C. Wadsworth after the death of their father-in-law, Ethan Allen of Ethan Allen & Company. There is a matching serial number on cylinder as well. ^ Hogg, Ian V.; Walter, John (2004). The back of the clyinder has the last 4 digits of the serial number on it, and 22 in the star extractor just below those numbers. Forehand & Wadsworth Double Action No. Serial #171X, ANTIQUE. I would consider trades for pre 1899 ANTIQUE PISTOLS and rifles on any of my items.. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO TRADE? $19.95 - 194 Pages. $79.95 - 1785 Pages. SERIAL NUMBERS AND DATES OF MANUFACTURE FOR FOREHAND & WADSWORTH. Breechloading Shotguns 1860 -1940 Set of all 3 Volumes - Vorisek. It is a 6 round in what I believe to be 38 cal (short). The back of the clyinder has the last 4 digits of the serial number on it, and 22 in the star extractor just below those numbers. Unique model with swing out ejector. Forehand & Wadsworth revolvers were noted for being extremely fine quality. I have a forehand arms co. 32 handgun double action date 1890.Old Forehand Arms Shotgun; shootable? The Forehand Arms Co. ( origanally as Forehand and Wadsworth) was in busness from the early 1870's until acquired by Hopkins & Allen sometime after the middle 1890's. They manufactured only (I believe ) low cost trade guns. & JAN.11/87." Search Google Appliance. Your gun was probably made between 1871 until 1898. Empire State Arms Co 32 Revolver; Internal External and Terminal Ballistics; High Standard Pistols - Firearms identification; I have a Forehand & Wadsworth British Bulldog with the serial number 3765. Forehand Arms Company Serial Numbers Lookup ^ a b c 'Sullivan Forehand'. Collections of the Worcester Society of Antiquity. Your gun was probably made between 1871 until 1898. It was my Grandfathers who has passed away and I was hoping to find more history on it. home; browse auctions; search items; your account; help; contact; ITEM Kidd Family Auctions Inc / MAY 27TH / 28TH / 29TH - STRAIGHT SHOOTER SALE / FOREHAND AND WADSWORTH TERROR . 708 . Forehand & Wadsworth was a manufacturer of a large number of single-shot and revolving cartridge arms beginning in 1871 following the death of Sullivan Forehand's and Henry Wadsworth's father-in-law, gunmaker Ethan Allen. No. Colt Firearms. FOREHAND & WADSWORTH DROPPING BLOCK RIFLE. Donate Button. | Shotgun Forum.Forehand arms double action 1891.Forehand Arms Double Action Revolver.32 | Firearms.Forehand Arms Company Serial Numbers.FOREHAND ARMS WORCESTER MA. Hopkins & Allen purchased the company in 1902. U.S.A. / PAT'D DEC.7/86. Serial number is just over a thousand. The frame is engraved "Forehand D.A." and the gun is nickel plated. Related Posts. Marked with a three-line marking on top of the receiver that is not. Then Allen and Wheelock and then E. Allen Co. Explore History; . 1837 Allen & Thurber. SN 983. Dickson, John & Son (Edinburgh) 1812-1903. 1044. The revolver was sold as "never being fired," which I tend to believe . FOREHAND & WADSWORTH. Forehand and Wadsworth Worcester, Mass. I have a Forehand & Wadsworth British Bulldog with the serial number 3765. Not a lot of these were made. 24-1/4" part oct bbl.

forehand and wadsworth serial number lookup