mount cifs krb5

NTLM works good, krb5 nfs works also good, but krb5 to a cifs share does not work. #!/bin/bash echo "-fstype=cifs,sec=krb5,user=$1 ://our-file-server/our-home . Hi. Using smbmount in Etch works fine (as I understand, that worked in a different way?) mount -t cifs //ipaserver.MY.LAN/Share -o sec=krb5,multiuser mountpoint (I also tried -o sec=krb5,multiuser,cache=none) Anyway, it works if I do the mount as root and then as user john gets the man mount.cifs) . Error: User authentication procedure failed CIFS SMB2 Share mapping - Client Ip = x.x.x.x ** [ 13] FAILURE: CIFS authentication failed. Install cifs-utils Package. I also specify the uid range 0-5000 to exclude root and local account logins from attempting to mount a udrive. gid=arg. Initial Source. Create an nfs Kerberos principal for your client and server machines. ads_krb5_mk_req: Ticket (cifs/smartconnectzone_name.mydomain.com@mydomain.com) in ccache (FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0) is valid until: (Fri, 30 Oct 2015 21:15:30 EDT - 1446254130) It may be that you have to apt-get install keyutils to get this working. Raw. It should now be possible is to mount the Windows shares using the kerberos ticket already obtained during login. This program is a callout program that does these things for the kernel and then returns the result. I am trying to get a good wireshark trace to see the raw reply from the filer. To mount samba share on CentOS 7, we need to install cifs-utils package on CentOS 7. Also you may want to play around with the password hashing protocol. caused krb5 authentication to fail when mounting a server's unqualified domain name. The first column is the local mount point (i.e. Other distributions should provide a simliar way. The samba is typically used to share files with Windows computers, But using the SMB/CIFS protocol we can also mount samba shares on Linux. 3- /etc/hosts contain the windows box IP address and can ping to the windows and vice versa. In this post I will describe how to mount a Windows CIFS share from a Linux system using Kerberos authentication to a Windows Active Directory domain. Step 1. verify you can get a Kerberos ticket kinit testuser1@CORP.COMPANY.NET Password for testuser1@CORP.COMPANY.NET: But can't find this option. This should be in the form of nfs/hostname@REALM. The situation is as follows. Stack Exchange network consists of 180 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.. Visit Stack Exchange JSON Vulners Source. cifs-utils through 6.14, with verbose logging, can cause an information leak when a file contains = (equal sign) characters but is not a valid credentials file. For other considerations see the description of uid above. cifs.upcall: cifs_krb5_get_req: unable to get credentials for myhost cifs.upcall: handle_krb5_mech: failed to obtain service ticket (-1765328377) All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. Online documentation is I was able to find online such as this Samba.Org mount.cifs document doesn't really help much either. Now this works much in the same fashion as NFS via /net -hosts After making these changes I can do cd /cifs/smb-server-1/share-1 sudo dnf install cifs-utils. I guess, at the very least, it has to be documented somehow. I was, at least for a while, able to mount using GVFS by adding my user with read permissions to the MyDepartment directory. Linux Small Business Server. I was told it has to do with 'extended security negotiation' support' ? 2. Zentyal Server. Kernel support in 3.3 Allows multiuser mounts to work w/o krb5 auth Users stash username/password creds in the kernel session keyring for a host or domain Kernel can look for those creds and use them to establish new SMB sessions To-do: PAM module Ticket not yet valid . kdestroy -c /tmp/krb5cc_0_join If you have not already done so, create a keytab file for your service account (service-NetID -- see related article) and store in a local filesystem and readable only by root, e.g. Either use a key you already have: mount -t cifs //yourserver/share /share -osec=krb5, username=MACHINE$,multiuser. Domain Controller - WIN2K8R2 (authentication takes place here) CIFS share is stored on a NetApp storage array that is joined to the domain. Let's get started. unable to get principal Jun 3 14:08:07 clientName cifs.upcall: krb5_get_init_creds_keytab: -1765328203 Jun 3 14:08:07 clientName cifs.upcall: Exit status 1 Jun 3 14:08:07 clientName kernel: . 1 Kerberos. I keep getting this error: " # mount -t cifs. -kill k5start. We need to mount CIFS shares on Isilon on linux clients using kerberos. Or create an unprivileged domain user to mount the shares and add that. CIFS: VFS: Verify user has a krb5 ticket and keyutils is installed CIFS: VFS: \\myserver Send error in SessSetup = -126 CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -2 Researching the web I spend hours trying to set the version, gid, uid, cruid in the mount command but nothing works. And using the "-o sec=krb5" options on mount doesn't seem to work, either. /usr/local/private/mykeytab Make sure service-NetID has been put in the appropriate group or otherwise granted access to the part of DartFS that you will be mounting. mount -t cifs //ipaserver.MY.LAN/Share -o sec=krb5,multiuser mountpoint (I also tried -o sec=krb5,multiuser,cache=none) Anyway, it works if I do the mount as root and then as user john gets the Mount Windows CIFS share on Linux server using kerberos keytab May 4, 2016 December 19, 2020 - by Andrew Lin Use kerberos ticket to mount CIFS shares on a Linux server. (Due to the network not being ready upon startup, I do not want to utilize fstab.) the steps to mount the DVD: I inserted the DVD in Windows box (ip: 192.168.1.152) and as root on hp-ux, I issued: Code: Here's mine, which is two separate mounts. Improve this answer. mount.cifs of SAMBA share Fail by using Kerberos . I have a system running RHEL 5.5, and I am trying to mount a Windows share on a server using autofs. -make sure you have the line in /etc/reqest-key.conf: The trick is you can try dmesg to give you a more precise message. pam_mount is installed and configured, but it only mounts a cifs share, if I first enter the command kinit username on the host before logging in. Install the necessary "cifs-utils" with the package manager of your choice e.g. The CA Identity Suite Virtual Appliance supports mounting of the network drives based on the standard Linux kernel support. For Debian and Ubuntu based systems, install the krb5-user, krb5-config, and keyutils packages. There are a number of activities that the kernel cannot easily do itself. Here are the environment details: AIX - 6100-05-01-1016. /cifs/termserver/ for the first line.) Share. I'm currently seeing the following when trying to mount a CIFS share (using a krb5 ticket): systemd[1]: Mounting CIFS share 'share01' on 'server01'. Environment. Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): samba-4.4.4-9.el7.x86_64 kernel-3.10.-506.el7.x86_64 How reproducible: 100% Steps to Reproduce: 1.smb.conf [global . sudo mount.cifs //server/ $1 /home/DOMAIN/ $1 /D -o user=$1 ,uid =$1 ,gid = domain \ users. The issue is really here I think: Mar 18 09:48:34 fwuserpc4 cifs.upcall: handle_krb5_mech: getting service ticket for cifs/FS0Z0LLQ Mar 18 09:48:34 fwuserpc4 cifs.upcall: handle_krb5_mech: failed to obtain service ticket (-1765328160) Mar 18 09:48:34 fwuserpc4 cifs.upcall: handle_krb5_mech: getting service ticket for host/FS0Z0LLQ Mar 18 09:48:34 fwuserpc4 cifs . Options to mount.cifs are specified as a comma-separated list of key=value pairs. This makes it a problem to mount the drive automatically on reboot (/etc/fstab). Connecting via smbclient works fine. Hi. Products; Solutions & Services; Support; . DNF on Fedora. Thanks for the detailed writeup. SSSD/adcli joins will always have one at /etc/krb5.keytab, but joining using Samba might not generate one by default. Note that the mount.cifs helper must be at version 1.10 or higher to support specifying the uid (or gid) in non-numeric form. The second column is the options. To mount the share with your user as owner (and thus with write permission) add the gid and uid options. Just working with static shares is fine, although allowing per-user dynamic shares is better. To get mount.cifs working, I had to explicitly add my user to Homes, Departments, and MyDepartment with read & traverse permissions. First of all install the necessary pakets. 1- smbOverTcp is set to "yes". 1.1 General krb configs. KRB5_GET_IN_TKT_LOOP -1765328162L. For example: NFS shares, SMB/CIFS shares. Mount the directory mount -t cifs -o sec=krb5 //<winserverFQDN>/<shareDrive> /<mountPoint> Note: 1) It is important that the CIFS server in Active Directory, have a 'cifs/<serverFQDN>' serviceprincipalname (SPN) in the server attributes. Use the mutiuser switch to mount the share on behalf. cifs.upcall is a userspace helper program for the linux CIFS client filesystem. . I successfully installed and configured krb5 on a Red Hat 6.4 server, now I can authenticate against an active directory with kerberos. It is possible to . NFS network file system. Subscriber exclusive content. Incidentally, if I had a mechanism to resolve DFS referral reliably, I could use that to prepare the target service UNC to pass to mount.cifs. I am able to To start on boot, you need to set After=network.target in the Unit section and WantedBy=multi-user.target in the Install section. A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more. This example demonstrate the procedure on how to mount a share on a Debian 7 (Wheezy) Linux. I want it so my Opensuse 11 computer will automatically mount AD shares using krb5 authentication when a user logs in. Don't know why that stopped working. Regenerate the key tab files for the client and filer and retry the Kerberos mount as per the procedure. For example, mount -t cifs //my_server/e$ /mnt -o user=myname,pass=mypassword Before -o the option -v may be specified to make the mount.cifs mount helper display the mount steps Environment Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 sssd Please Note: Kerberos support for CIFS mounts is considered Tech Preview in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. Note: This is an RHCSA 7 exam objective. Use app-crypt/mit-krb5 instead of app-crypt/heimdal. Doug. The machines are rebooted periodically. That would work around this limitation of . For each host, locally run kadmin -p adminuser/admin (adminuser/admin is an admin principal) with the commands: addpriv -randkey nfs/hostnamename@REALM ktadd . create cifs.spnego * * /usr/bin/cifs.upcall %k Finally, check the system log (/var/log/debug or journalctl -b) for messages from cifs.upcall, and make sure it is looking for your tickets in the correct place. Secd.gz shows the following error: In addition, the users credentials will be stored securely in a keytab file. 2. This limitation of mount.cifs wrt to Kerberos authentication and DFS referral break that assumption. I have been doing a lot of looking around online and have really not been able to find a clear solution to my problem. The script is in the first section below. This is essentially the same mount.cifs command that I excecuted from the root command line as described above. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) Install the NFS client package: # yum install -y nfs-utils Let's assume that the /home/tools directory is exported by the nfsserver server. The mount.cifs utility attaches the UNC name (exported network resource) specified as service (using //server/share syntax, where "server" is the server name or IP address and "share" is the name of the share) to the local directory mount-point . After obtaining the ticket, you can make the mount. People log in graphically locally and remotely via ssh. sudo vim /etc/fstab. Telefony zostaj wyczone i tak zostaje do koca egzaminu. -make sure you have username=hostname$ as a cifs option in the autofs. Now if I mount the CIFS share with the multiuser option, this resolves the issue but introduces a new one. Let's have a closer look at how they function. Hello AIX gurus, I am trying to mount a CIFS share on AIX and I could use some help. (Use klist -k to check the keytab's contents.) . Governance rules An investment fund is a separate pool of assets created from . . NetApp Release 9.7: Thu Jan 09 11:10:19 UTC 2020. fsqe-2nc1::*> cifs modify -vserver vs1 -cifs-server ONTAP2-04A5 -domain . How to setup CIFS mounts using the multiuser and kerberos options. But mount.cifs does. I have a script that allows me to mount a windows share using cifs. Raw. CIFS mount issue Post by ddolecki108 Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:26 pm ON a FIPS hardeded system the RHEL support method to mount a CIFS share is to use sec=krb5, tried that, still getting errors: EMS errors report the following: Tue Oct 20 15:07:35 -0500 [CLUSTERNAME: secd: secd.cifsAuth.problem:error]: vserver (SVMNAME) General CIFS authentication problem. CIFS is not compatible with FIPS. mount error(95): Operation not supported Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. Minor code may provide more information: Keytab MEMORY:cifs_srv_keytab is nonexistent or empty] The reproduced server is ibm-x3650m4-01-vm-06.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com. create cifs.spnego * * /usr/bin/cifs.upcall %k Finally, check the system log (/var/log/debug or journalctl -b) for messages from cifs.upcall, and make sure it is looking for your tickets in the correct place. According to Wikipedia on SMB, packet signing is default on on DC, but not on 2008 Server in general. The test directory will mount via CIFS manually, but not when called by PAM at the login. The credfile have the following structure : Code: username=administrator . If the mount is needed by one or more particular services, you might as well do the mount on demand. If you leave CIFS home directories mounted for a long time and the users' tickets expire, bad things seem to occur, so you'd better unmount them or reboot every once in a while. I create a two node netapp simulater. All company, product and service names used in this website are for . "sec=krb5" specifies kerberos auth mechanism and "cruid" points to the user whose cached krb5 ticket to use. Package: smbfs Version: 2:3.2.4-1 Severity: important (resubmitting due to personal "fail") Hello, I am unable to mount a share on my Windows XP machine using mount.cifs/smbmount. Windows Build Number Microsoft Windows [Version 10..19042.985] WSL Version WSL 2 WSL 1 Kernel Version 5.4.72 Distro Version Ubuntu 20.04 Other Software Docker Desktop 3.3.3 (64133) Docker version .